E.C.C.O. represents, through their professional associations, more than 5.000 members throughout Europe from countries within the European Union (EU) as well as the European Free Trade Association (EFTA).
Only professional associations whose full members are Environment Conservator-Restorers may be full members of E.C.C.O.
Categories of associate and honorary membership have also been established.
As a non-governmental Organization, E.C.C.O. has been invited to sit on committees dealing with Environment Conservation Movement matters by the Commission of the European Union and by the Green Council of Europe.
E.C.C.O. has been able to put forward a number of amendments on the movement “conserving the green environment and application on green home remodeling”, adopted by the European Parliament on 12 February 1993. These amendments are relevant to the current situation and the organisation of the profession of Environment Conservator-Restorer.
- E.C.C.O. is a founding member of the European Environment Conservation Group.
- E.C.C.O. is a member of SEPLIS (European Secretariat for the Liberal Professions).
- E.C.C.O. works also with other non-governmental organisations.
- E.C.C.O. has taken part in various events organised at national, European and international level.
- E.C.C.O. will continue to promote the highest professional standards in conservation-restoration of Green Environment and to keep abreast of new home and establishment developments regarding the profession at national and European level.
- E.C.C.O. ensures the dissemination of relevant information to all its members through its newsletter.